Each year the Vermont Ski & Snowboard Hall of Fame honors athletes, special contributors, and pioneers of Vermont skiing and snowboarding who promoted and/or contributed to the sport of skiing or riding in Vermont. Their accomplishments are recognized at an Induction Ceremony and their histories are documented in the Vermont Ski and Snowboard Museum’s collection as part of the permanent Vermont Ski & Snowboard Hall of Fame exhibit.
The Vermont Ski and Snowboard Museum is actively seeking nominations from the skiing and snowboarding community for inductees for the Vermont Ski & Snowboard Hall of Fame class of 2018. Nominees will be considered based on the following criteria:
· An “Athlete” must be retired from a National or Olympic team for four or more years, and must have been recognized as representing Vermont at the time of their athletic accomplishment.
· “Pioneers” are defined as someone initiating and supporting a new concept. The follow-through of the idea must have directly led to the development and promotion of skiing or snowboarding in Vermont.
· “Special Contributors” are defined as someone improving or rethinking an existing idea. The results of their innovation must have led to further recognition of Vermont as a skiing and snowboarding state.
The Vermont Ski and Snowboard Hall of Fame welcomes and will consider nominations submitted with the following information:
- The category the nominee represents
- A detailed description of how they meet the criteria
- An overview of their career
- Preferred but not required, at least one photo
Please send nominations via email to email@example.com or mail to Vermont Ski & Snowboard Museum, Attn: HOF P.O. Box 1511, Stowe, VT 05672. Nominations must be received no later than March 30th to be considered.